- Got his start in hockey at the age of seven at Bert Hunts’ hockey school and skated at the Tuxford community rink before playing eight years in the Moose Jaw minor hockey association.
- Credits his father, Dave, for having had the most influence on his career as his coach in minor hockey – his dad played Junior ‘A’ hockey for the Humboldt Broncos and his sister Robyn, played for the University of Regina Cougars.
- Patterns his game after his favorite players Chris Chelios and Nicklas Lidstrom
- His nickname is “Delly” and he wears number seven because it was the first number he ever wore.
- His most memorable hockey moment was making it to the WHL because it was a dream of his at a young age and if he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Bobby Orr, Michael Jordan and Ray Lewis.
- The most embarrassing song on his iPod is “Torn” by Natalie Imbruglia and the one thing he couldn’t live without is his family.
NHL Team: Chicago Blackhawks
NHL Player: Chris Chelios
Shootout move: “Shoot blocker side”
Practice Drill: 2-on-1 game
Video Game: Guitar Hero
Movie: Talladega Nights
TV Show: Family Guy
Actor: Will Ferrell
Group: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Book: The Outsiders
Pump-up song: “The chance may never come again” from Hockey Night in Canada
Food to cook: Grilled Cheese
Sport (other than hockey): Track and Field
Activity away from the rink: Going to the lake
Toy growing up: Bike
Place to shop: Cornwall Center
Place to visit: The Mountains