Devils host Hockey Fights Cancer night
During Friday’s game, there will be a number of events taking place throughout the evening including:
• The team will be hosting a number of young patients and children affected by this disease from the Devils and Prudential Center hospital partners including Barnabas Health System, Atlantic Health System, St. Joseph’s Healthcare System and Holy Name Medical Center (Teaneck, N.J.).
• Some of these children will also be participating in Zamboni rides during intermissions.
• The National Anthem will be sung by a cancer survivor’s daughter, Samantha Dango.
• Collections will be taking place at entrance points.
• Sales of signed mystery pucks - gift bagged signed pucks that are available for purchase, bags are stuffed at random so it’s a surprise whose signature will be on the puck.
• Airing of the league and Devils Hockey Fights Cancer PSA’s.
• Devils’ coaching staff and broadcasters will be wearing Hockey Fights Cancer apparel including ties, hats and jackets.
• Devils and Prudential Center staff will be showing their support by wearing Hockey Fights Cancer pins and lavender ribbons.
• Hockey Fights Cancer merchandise will be on sale at the Devils Den.
• The Devils homepage, along with their social media platforms, will all be Hockey Fights Cancer themed.
All proceeds from this initiative will be donated back to the Devils and Prudential Center local hospital partners.