New Jersey Devils Ink Record Number of Sponsorship Deals
Prudential Center’s State-of-the-Art Digital Capabilities and Influential Social Media Footprint Help Add NJ Lottery, T-Mobile, The Parking Spot, Pfister Energy and NJ Division of Travel and Tourism To Roster Plus Strong Renewals Boost Arena’s Growth
Newark, N.J. – The New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center have signed a record number of top tier corporate sponsors, leveraging the building’s award winning digital abilities and strong social media presence, another shining achievement for the four year old building. Included in these partnerships, five new companies have been signed to significant deals and 98% of corporate sponsors have renewed for 2012.
The team has secured a number of prominent new sponsors who are bringing innovative programming and activation to the Prudential Center.
· New Jersey Lottery has built a lottery kiosk and installed 2 self-serve scratch off vending machines within the Prudential Center, the first in any arena or stadium in New Jersey. In addition, the Lottery is also sponsoring a number of social media-based promotional sweepstakes as well as co-sponsoring the post-game fireworks extravaganza on New Year’s Eve (December 31).
· T-Mobile joins the Devils as the sponsor of the Devils Digital Zone at the Prudential Center, providing the company with the opportunity to engage with fans and showcase new mobile technology. T-Mobile is also hosting the Devils’ Third Period Party Anthem mobile texting campaign, allowing fans to text in votes to decide what song they want to hear during the Devils’ third period.
· The Parking Spot has secured prime real estate with signage behind the New Jersey Devils bench. What’s more, The Parking Spot will fully integrate the New Jersey Devils into all of their shuttles by having promotional ad spots running on their television screens along with two specially designed Devils-branded Parking Spot shuttles.
· Pfister Energy has created the “Energize the Community” program in conjunction with the city of Newark and the Devils. The program will involve the education of Newark area children on renewable energy through creative arts programming. Pfister will also be sponsoring the St. Patrick’s Day “Green Day” with an all-arena hat giveaway on March 17. In addition, Pfister will be donating a solar array roof to the Newark Ironbound Recreation Center.
· NJ Division of Travel and Tourism will create a fan driven “Now That’s New Jersey” photo mosaic to be displayed both online and hung on the Prudential Center concourse. Fans will have the opportunity via social media to share photos to be included in the mosaic as well as vote on their favorite submission to enter into the NJ Tourism Ultimate Getaway.
This season boasts an overwhelming retention renewal rate with current clients including:
· A new 4 year multi-million dollar deal with Ford and Lincoln that includes the naming rights to a number of premium locations including the VIP garage, the newly minted Lincoln VIP Entrance on Mulberry Street, the naming of the two suite levels in the Prudential Center and the continuation of Ford Super Score-O at second intermission,
· Geico, which has increased the company’s Devils partnership garnering presenting sponsorship of the pre-game show on Devils’ games radio broadcasts on WFAN (660 AM).
· Other renewals include American Red Cross, Apollo Jets, Barnabas Health System, French’s Mustard/Frank’s Red Hot, Ford’s Jewelers, Holy Name Medical Center, Nathan’s and Subway.
“Prudential Center has solidified itself as one of the busiest venues in the country,” said Jeff Vanderbeek, Chairman and Managing Partner of the New Jersey Devils. “The growth of our sponsorship partnerships speaks volumes to the positive impact the Devils and Prudential Center have on our fans.”
ABOUT THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS
The New Jersey Devils are a member of the 30-team National Hockey League. Established in 1982, the Devils are currently celebrating their 30th Anniversary season in the Garden State. During that time, the club has won the league’s championship on three occasions, lifting the Stanley Cup, the most famous trophy in team sports in 1995, 2000, and 2003. In 2007-08, “Jersey’s Team” moved into its new home, Newark’s Prudential Center.
ABOUT THE PRUDENTIAL CENTER
Prudential Center opened in October, 2007 and is the first new arena built in the New Jersey, New York Metropolitan area in more than 25 years. The Rock is home to the three-time Stanley Cup Champion New Jersey Devils, Seton Hall NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball, the NBA’s NETS Basketball, the WNBA’s New York Liberty and, in 2011, the NBA Draft and the NCAA East Regional Finals. Prudential Center now ranks tenth overall in the highest grossing arenas worldwide for 2011, according to leading industry publication Venues Today.
# # #