|Official Contest Rules
Win a Signed Martin Brodeur Jersey!
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Win a signed Martin Brodeur jersey
Contest (“Contest") begins at 5:30 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on Friday. November 5, 2010 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on Friday, November 19, 2010 (“Contest Period”).
2. TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Go to the Official New Jersey Devil website, http://www.devils.nhl.com, at any time during the Contest Period and complete an online entry.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the continental United States. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry in the Contest. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) of Devils Arena Entertainment LLC (“Sponsor”) New Jersey Devils LLC(“Devils”), National Hockey League, Prudential Center, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, distributors, suppliers, advertising, promotional, judging, fulfillment and marketing agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Void where prohibited by law.
4. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: LIMIT one (1) Entry per person and email account. Additional entries from the same person and email address are void. Any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts to enter more than once per method of entry during the Contest Period are void. By entering, entrants accept and agree to these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of the Devils. Neither Sponsor, the Devils, the National Hockey League , nor their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, associations, agents, distributors, suppliers, advertising, promotional, judging, fulfillment and marketing agencies, nor the affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and respective employees officers, directors and /or members of each (collectively, “Devils Parties”), assume any responsibility for late, lost, illegible, misdirected, or undelivered entries.
5. DRAWING AND PRIZE/ODDS: A randomized drawing will be held within twelve (12) hours of the Contest Period by DAE to select one (1) random drawing Winner one (1) winner from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZES/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: A total of one (1) Prize will be awarded: The Winner of the Contest will receive a signed Martin Brodeur Jersey. Specifics of all prizes are in Sponsor’s sole discretion and the Sponsor reserves the right substitute prizes described above.
7. PRIZE AWARDING: Limit of one (1) Prize per person, household, and email address. Prizes will only be awarded by the Sponsor upon potential winners’ verification and approval. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes permitted, except by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Potential winning entrants will receive prize notification via telephone and/or electronic mail. Potential winners will have twelve (12) hours from receipt of winning notification to confirm that the notification has been received. If a potential winning entrant of any prize cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim the prize; or if the prize notification is returned undeliverable; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner in a second chance drawing from among all non-winning eligible entries received. Odds of winning in the second chance drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received. After confirming notification receipt, the potential winner will be sent via email, a Confirmation & Release form. This form must be completed, signed and returned to the Sponsor via email or facsimile by 12:00PM (Noon) EST on Friday, November 26, 2010. Taxes, fees, or incidental costs including but not limited to income taxes which may arise and be due or asserted on account of the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners agree that receiving a prize grants the Devils Parties the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use universe-wide in any media now known or later developed at any time or times, a winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for any purpose, including but not limited to, in advertisements, publicity, and other communications without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. All decisions of the Sponsors shall be binding and final.
8. RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Contest, entrant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE DEVILS PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS,EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. DISCLAIMER: Devils Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process, and terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Contest and award the prizes from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination if for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes beyond the control of Devils Parties. Devils Parties and the respective officers, directors, members, agents and employees of each are not responsible or liable for any events beyond the control of the Sponsor, which may cause the Contest to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. The Sponsor may stop any person from participating in this Contest or in the prize award if that person ignores the Contest Official Rules or acts, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Devils Parties; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be awarded through a computer hardware or software malfunction, error or failure, or for any other reason, in any prize category, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, the Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in Rule # 6.
CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Contest or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the State of New Jersey.
11. WINNERS LIST: To receive a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by November 26, 2010 to: Win an Martin Brodeur signed jersey List Request, c/o Devils Arena Entertainment LLC, Marketing Department, Prudential Center, 165 Mulberry Street, Newark, New Jersey 07102.