Welcome to the New Jersey Devils and PNC Bank Achievement in Academics program! Education is the foundation that allows children to grow and build moral stability. It has been shown that success in academics comes from 3 distinct parts: literacy, a strong educational influence and a system that rewards students for their efforts. We developed three rewarding and unique programs to get your child or student reading again!
Click on each program to view a detailed description:
Reading is an important part to success in the classroom. The Stick With It program is designed to both encourage and reward students for reading. Each participating child will be asked to read for 20 minutes a day, 5 days per week. Parents and/or guardians will be asked to help log their child's progress and submit the total to their teacher at the end of each month. Each classroom teacher will submit the classroom totals online on a monthly basis.
Each participating classroom will receive:
- Bookmarks for the students to use
- Calendar marker for the classroom calendar as a reminder for students to submit their completed reading logs
- A surprise gift in January to encourage students to keep reading
- A certificate in March upon completion of the program good for two complimentary tickets and the ability to purchase additional tickets at a special price to a Devils Game
V.I.T. or Very Important Teacher is a program that not only rewards students, but teachers as well! This program is designed to reward a teacher and classroom that has completed a goal and exceeded expectations. Fellow teachers and school administrators have the ability to nominate a teacher and their classroom. Each month five winning classrooms will be chosen and rewarded with a pizza party including:
- A visit from N.J. Devil and a visit from the Devils Dancers
- Decorations for their classroom
- Teacher will receive two complimentary tickets to a non-premier Devils game in our all-inclusive food and drinks lounge
- Winning classrooms will be featured in game
This program begins in December and runs through March. More information will be sent out this fall.
Study for Seats is a program designed to reward students for their hard work. Teachers will have the ability to award students with a certificate for two complimentary tickets to an upcoming Devils game, along with the ability to purchase additional tickets at a special price. Students can earn this certificate by demonstrating one of the following:
- Improve one full letter grade on their report card (C or better)
- Reflect a positive influence in the classroom
- Demonstrate goal setting and teamwork skills
Teachers may reward students with this achievement certificate beginning in December. Teachers will need to submit the name of each student that has received a certificate.
Join the fun now and watch your star students achieve academic success! Click here to enroll your school.
WHAT DO YOU WIN?
- Stick With It: Classrooms participating will receive a welcome kit with a gift for every student. Participating students will receive a certificate at the conclusion of the program good for two (2) complimentary tickets to a non-premier New Jersey Devils game and at the end of the school year. Best of all, the school with the highest rate of participation and minutes read will receive a visit from N.J. Devil, the Devils Dancers and Alumni! Click here to register your classroom for the Stick With It reading program. Already registered? Submit your classroom's monthly totals here.
- V.I.T.: The winning teacher will receive two (2) premium complementary tickets, which include an all-you-can-eat buffet and soda to a Devils game, and classroom recognition at an upcoming Devils game. Click here to submit your V.I.T. nomination
- Study for Seats: Teachers will be provided with certificates valid for two (2) complementary tickets along with the ability to purchase additional tickets at a special rate to a Devils home game. Click here to submit your student for the Study For Seats program